Welcome to the Nurture Elementary Program! This introduction will explain the program goals, how the materials are organized and how to implement the program. We provide the resources below for information only, and no part of its contents should be construed as medical advice, diagnosis, recommendation or endorsement by Nurture. Nurture does not assume any liability for programs conducted via the use of this material. Participating individuals should always ask their physician for his or her recommendation before starting any new health-related activity. Please enjoy these materials and credit Nurture when using them.
Training for Teachers and Program Managers
- Introduction Letter: This explains the Nurture Elementary Program and provides guidance on how to implement it.
- Training Slide Show and Notes: This presentation can be used to train your organization on how to use the Nurture Elementary Program.
- Guidelines for Teaching Nutrition: Provides links to more detailed nutrition information, guidance on how to discuss nutrition topics and how to avoid dispensing medical advice, and tips for working with children.
Teaching Aids Used for Multiple Program Levels
- Food Card Information: Provides nutrition information for the foods specifically referred to in the program.
- 5 Minute Fitness Ideas: Provides ideas for getting the students energized and focused during Lessons or for transition activities in the classroom.
Summary of Parent Handouts
- English Parent Handouts – Nurture Elementary Program
- Spanish Parent Handouts – Nurture Elementary Program
Program materials for each Level.